Madras Middle School, Home of the Eagles!
A Georgia Distinguished School
2011 GAMSP Effective Middle School Award Recipient
2014-2015 Silver STEM School
"Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day"
Want to be alerted of afternoon bus delays? Sign up for transportation text alerts at: https://www.remind.com/join/mmsgobuses.
Family Connections: Access our reference guide to family connections, and learn how you connect via e-announcements, text reminders, Parent Portal, and social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Periscope.
From the Eagles Cafe: May menus vary by school and are manager's choice. You can view the May menus here: May Breakfast Menu and May Lunch Menu Please remember that no meals may be charged beginning May 2nd. Read letter.
Summer School: Madras registration for Summer School is May 24th from 4-7 p.m. at Northgate High School. You can also register on May 31st at the CEC from 9-3. Additional information can be found in the 2016 registration packet.
Rising K Camp: If you have a rising kindergarten student, Rising "K" Camp is still accepting applications! The camp is a great opportunity for upcoming kindergarten students to get a jump start on their education. Students will be exposed to site words, bus evacuation drills, table manners, social interaction skills, and so much more. Volunteers consist of current and retired educators who have a passion for educating youth. Camp Begins July 13th through July 24th, 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Transportation is provided. This is a free service offered to families of students entering kindergarten this fall. For more information call 678-378-6456 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to your child's homeroom teacher if you'd like your child's final report card mailed to your home. Reports cards not mailed may be picked up in our front office beginning summer office hours on June 3rd.
- Make sure to pay all outstanding lunch account balances.
- Return all library books and text books (and pay any fines if applicable).
- Pick up any medication left in our school's clinic. Any medication left after May 27th will be destroyed.
- If your child is missing an item, please make sure he/she checks the school's lost and found before the last day of school. Items will be donated to charity after June 3rd.
- Any lost or collected valuables, including electronics, are locked in the school's vault and should be picked up by May 27th.
Summer Opportunties for Students
- East Coweta Softball Camp (May 31-June 2)
- East Coweta Football Camp (May 31-June 2)
- Boys and Girls Club Summer Program (May 31 - July 22)
- East Coweta High School Step Camp: (June 6-8)
- Middle School NTC Backstage, Theater Production (June 6-July 22; breaks for week of 7/4)
- Northgate Baseball Camp (June 13-15)
- Madras Eagles Band Camp (June 27-July 1) Email email@example.com
- Newnan/Coweta Boys and Girls Club Teen Center
- Musical Theater Camp (July 11-15 for rising 4th-6th graders)
- Northgate High Soccer Camp (July 13-17)
- Musical Theater Camp (July 18-22 for rising 7th-9th graders)
- Art Camp (July 18-22 for rising 4th-6th graders)
- East Coweta High Volleyball Camp for Grades 4-8 (July 27-29)
- Newnan High Volleyball Camp for Middle Schoolers (August 2-3)
Summer Mosquito Control:
With spring and summer approaching, please be mindful of important safeguards regarding mosquito control measures from the Center of Disease Control (CDC). View safety measures in English. View safety measures in Spanish.
Congratulations, Bob Lutz, 2016 Madras Teacher of the Year!