Madras Middle School, Home of the Eagles!
A Georgia Distinguished School
2011 GAMSP Effective Middle School Award Recipient
2014-2015 Silver STEM School
"Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day"
Open House Visitation is August 3rd (drop in anytime between 10:00 a.m. and noon).
- Summer Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30-4:30 (Closed on Fridays and the week of July 4th)
- Pick up report card from the front office beginning June 1st (if you did not send in a self-addressed, stamped envelope)
- Student Services Newsletter
Information for New Students
- Chorus Registration
- Band Registration (Email the director, Christal Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guitar Registration
- School Brochure
- 2017 Madras Football Tryouts start right before the first day of school and will be held on August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 3:30-5:30 (pick up at 5:30 behind the school at the football field).
- The team roster will be posted at 7:00 on August 3rd.
- First day of practice will be August 7th from 3:30-5:30 (pick up at 5:30 behind the school at the football field).
- Students should wear, shirt, shorts, jogging pants, running shoes, or cleats.
- Students will need a completed athletic packet on file BEFORE you attend any football activities. The packet can be picked up from our front office or can be downloaded from the athletics link on the left.
- Attendance will be recorded and taken into consideration when making cuts.
- Physical conditioning, football techniques, ability to follow instructions, school behavior, and attitude will be taken into consideration when making cuts.
- To contact Coach Hitchcock, email: email@example.com
Google Parent/Student Agreement (including video)
Want to be alerted of afternoon bus delays? Sign up for transportation text alerts at: https://www.remind.com/join/mmsgobuses.
Want to receive important school alerts via text? Text the number 81010, and enter @MadrasMS in the text. You'll be prompted to enter your name, and you're done!
Weekly Eagles News: One of the most important things you can do to start the new school year is to sign up for our weekly news bulletin (Eagles Notes). Eagles Notes are emailed to our subscribers each week and include important upcoming dates, reminders, and school happenings to keep our families informed. Please subscribe by emailing: MadrasNews@cowetaschools.net with your first and last name in the email. You will be instantly enrolled to our distribution list. This is our primary means of communicating important school information to our families. We will include copies of any letters that we send home with students during the year to ensure parents receive the information. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing Madras News with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. The 2016-2017 Eagles Notes archives can also be found on our Website at any time.
Family Connections: Access our reference guide to family connections, and learn how you connect via e-announcements, text reminders, Parent Portal, and social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Periscope.
Immunization Requirements for 7th Graders: Students born on or after Jan. 1, 2002, who are entering the 7th grade are required to meet the following state requirements: 1. Students must have one (1) dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine. 2. Students must have one (1) dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV) vaccine. All required vaccines, documentation of disease, laboratory proof of immunity, or medical exemptions must be documented on a valid Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231, Rev. 2007 or later). Parents who previously filed a Religious Affidavit of Exemption with the school do not need to file another affidavit. Contact your health care professional or local health department to schedule the administration of any needed vaccinations for your child and to obtain a new/updated Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231).
Congratulations, Mrs. Christal Wagner!
2017 Madras Teacher of the Year